Thursday 2 April 2015

Editing sessions

Third editing session 
    
Today I started the third editing session of our final video cut. I mostly spent my time editing the audio for the video as this was incomplete and needed working on. I decided to change the music for the running sequence because I felt that it just did not fit the theme of espionage and also did not fit with how the sequence played out. It was originally the instrumental for ghetto Kyoto which Jordan decided to choose but then we both agreed that this was not going to work. I then spent my time looking at what would fit with what we wanted and then I stumbled across the Kendrick Lamar song Backseat Freestyle (instrumental). This was the perfect sound to use for our video because it had that effect of attracting the audience to watch the film while also having a suspenseful and thrilling side to it. 
After I found this I put it into our video and cut it down so that it fit just with the running sequence and nothing else within the video. I made sure that the opening of the track was repeated until the title popped up and then after this it would cut to the main instrumental with a heavy drum beat to it. After this I realised that we needed to have a background track to the dialogue scene. This is because it would add to the atmosphere of the dialogue and gives an indication that this is a very tense moment for the protagonist. It also establishes that this is a very shady place and the person that the protagonist is talking to is very mysterious. The track that I used was Crush by El Huervo. Along with these soundtracks the Muse music will also be added to the title sequence at the end. Overall this music is vital to the project as it really adds to the detail and atmosphere of the opening sequence.


 
 
credit to Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment